AT Surgical gait belts are designed to aid caregivers with transferring, walking, and ambulating patients who can walk on their own, but who may need some assistance. This product is made of a durable Polypropylene material, in vivid rainbow colors. Use to aid the transfer from sitting to standing position; for patients who are partially dependent, have some weight-bearing capacity, and are cooperative. Keep two fingers between the belt and the patient’s body. Tighten until there is just enough room for your fingers. If the belt is too loose it may slip upward and injure the patient’s chest or increase your risk for dropping them once weight is put on the belt.
It’s important to note that a gait belt should never be used as a restraint nor on patients with G-tubes and should be avoided with patients who have catheters, patients with recent abdominal or back surgery, abdominal aneurysm, or any similar ailments.
- Aids in the transfer of patients and loved ones
- Lightweight Polypropylene
- Buckle: Delrin
- Designed for users that are having trouble ambulating
- Made of a heavy-duty cotton blend for a secure hold
- Plastic buckle provides a secure fit for the user
- Provides comfort for the user.
- Length: 48″, 60″
- Gender: Unisex
- Type of Strap: Wipeable
- Texture: Semi-soft
- Closure Type: Plastic Buckle, Metal Buckle
- Size: 48″, 60″